Thursday, March 13, 2014

Rookie Mistake

So this bathroom has been the bane of my existence.

We didn't like it and although found it useable just hated the thought of it being the primary bathroom in the house as its in the hallway and the only other bathroom will be inside the master. So, I thought to myself, how expensive can it be? Just to replace the tile and make it pretty...um...ROOKIE MISTAKE. It can be very expensive, dummy. Once my contractor ripped out all the tile, he found all this shoddy work and horrible plumbing and dangerous wiring. So my surface remodel turned into a gut job. The reality is once we pulled everything out, we found out NONE of it was reusable and if we just put pretty on top of ugly, we would end up having to rip out the pretty. Or as my grandma used to say, we were putting Lipstick on a pig.  So, now we're too far down the rabbit hole to turn back. We're getting all new plumbing, new fixtures, a new fan (it didn't have one, before gross), new tile, new shower, new EVERYTHING. Sigh...learned this one the hard way!

So on to the design - I swear by Pinterest and some great blogs to help me narrow the millions of choices out there.  We decided to go with a more feminine zen look in here because I'm going pretty modern in the master bathroom. Without further ado the inspiration and the choices:





The inspiration is Sarah Richardson Design. She is bananas. I love the way this feels and I think it will make that dark bathroom airy and light. Can't wait to see the final result! And, I'll give you costs (high) and pain (medium) details once its all finished.

xoxo,
Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment