Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Come Together, Right now, Over Me.

The addition is going soooo slow. We had an issue with the inspector... well that's not true. I hated the tiny windows in the bedroom so I made them larger and the inspector didn't like it. So we had to double brace the wall.

My contractor wants to bury me in my backyard beneath my big beautiful windows.

So while I avoid my untimely demise, I'm working on designing the front of the house.

I have to tell you a quick story. Ever since I've thought about buying a house, I've dreamed of filling it with Art not just paintings, but sculpture - a house filled with beautiful things. And I got one!!

This is my first little vignette...


Its a Douglas Downs original. He sculpts out of bronze and he is AMAZING.
LOVE. Now what to do around the this vignette. I don't want to block my gorgeous picture window:


Nor do I want to block the view from my kitchen in to the living area. But I want to have all of you over!! (Yes, even you.) And I want you all to be able to sit. So, this is what I've come up with



I'm going with an extra long couch - 90 inches, which will fit 4-5 adults comfortably (if they're family) and also give me plenty of room to stretch out while watching TV. (Except for Game of Thrones which often finds me on my feet yelling NO WAY!!!) 

In that big picture window I was considering two chairs and then I thought, if I'm going to do this, I'm gonna do it! So, an extra glamorous day bed, ideal because it has no back to block the view and in a party situation I can move it so people can sit on both sides for a total of 4 humans. 

If you're keeping count, we're up to 9. 
On the far wall, a console table for glass vases and other design elements, including lamps for low lighting.

Under both windows I'm going to put those gorgeous animal skin ottomans in my vignette picture. So seating for 2 more.  11 Humans. And depending on how full it feels at that point, I may also stick a chair over there next to the console table. 12 humans. LET'S PARTY!!!

Because my sculpture is bronze with a dark finish,  I've decided bold graphic black and white art is going to be the way to go in there. Just a few signature framed pieces sitting atop my console table leaning on the wall. 

I still am after beachy, modern, urban, glamour. I keep adding adjectives. I can't stop. I love it.

And that my friends, is what we call DONE.

I'm never leaving. 


No comments:

Post a Comment