Wednesday, May 28, 2014

I Woke Up Like This

...to hammering...and nailing...
I. Will. Be. Glad. When. This. Is. Over.

Day 1: 7:00 am ON A SATURDAY. The hammering was loud. I was grouchy. So, I went to the beach. This was my addition when I got back.


Day 2. Sunday - blissful peace and quiet.

Day 3. 7:00 AM on a HOLIDAY. Grrrr.  This time I went to my happy place...South Coast Plaza.
When I got back it looked like this...


Day Four. No workers today. PRAISE HIM. But when I went out there to see what work had been completed ( I didn't check the day before because it was too dark). It looked like this.


 200 square feet of sexy goodness with a 6 foot cut out for my french doors. Then I noticed..something seemed missing. I looked, walked around inside...what could it be? I thought. Then it hit me...
Can you guess it? Any ideas?

WINDOWS. THERE ARE NONE. (My use of caps in this post is a little ridiculous no?) 

Anywho, no windows. Contractor mistake, there was some debate about that and even a very misguided attempt to persuade me that with french doors I didn't NEED any windows. Trying to argue with a woman who has been awakened at 7 am by hammers and power saws over the weekend after a 60 hour work week is not a good idea. I won. Windows go in.

There is a moral to this story (and long ass post). Sometimes, when you're working with someone more experienced than you, they use your lack of knowledge against you. They may try to convince you you don't "need" what you want. That's dumb. I didn't need a three bedroom house, I wanted one. And I paid for one. So, you dear sir, are you going to give me exactly what I want and not what you think I need.

I am so immensely grateful to my contractor and just in general for being able to buy a house and be able to afford construction. But that doesn't mean I will be bullied. My parents overheard my contractor telling his workers.. "No, No, do it perfect. She is very picky." #DAMNSTRAIGHT

xoxox,
Summer




No comments:

Post a Comment