Tuesday, May 13, 2014

And miles to go before I sleep

I finally moved in!! But I have a problem. I bought my old furniture for my old space...and it was glorious in there. In here, not so much. I know Rome wasn't built in a day but I want my house to be!!

Until then I have to satisfy myself (and you) with progress shots.

BEFORE


AFTER

That's my now too small couching peeking out of the corner.



The major changes in this room are:
  • Wall Color - Benajmin Moore Horizon
  • Lightened the hardwood floors
  • Tiled (marbled I guess) the fireplace
  • Added recessed lighting    

We got also rid of that enormous ceiling fan (although its a 100 degrees today and our ac isn't in yet and I wish we hadn't!) It wasn't much, but it made a huge impact on the space. Now, the impact to my wallet? Also not so much.
Floors - $500
Recessed Lighting - $1100
Tile fireplace - $200
Paint - $500
The above are estimates because we did all the floors at once,  all the paint at once, etc. 
I love it in there when the light starts streaming through and I'm gazing at my Magnolia tree. It's like my own little slice of heaven!

xoxox,
Summer









No comments:

Post a Comment