Monday, November 10, 2014

Designing Woman

Now that my renovation is complete, I'm on to the business of decorating. So before I get to deeply in this, let me say: The Kid is broke. So alot of what I want to do, will have to wait. But I can style it with what I currently have and dream up what I want to do...so the master bedroom for now is this:

 This is the first iteration of my bedside table...styled with all my favorite things...fashion magazines, a crystal vase a dear friend brought me from Paris, a photo of my favorite sculpture at the Louvre and roses. This is pretty girly, even for me, so I don't think its long for this world.


The other side I wanted to play with metals so I have a gold spiky knick knack that I love a gold toned and framed water color print that's giving me some color.

 The primary pattern I have in the room are the silk link curtains from West Elm, sheers will get behind them eventually.

That's all for now. This is really a kind of before shot. I'm for sure replacing the bed side tables. Right now we have a lot of grayish blues working in here, too much actually. I need some contrast. So look for a rug coming, and end of bed bench, new side tables and lighting and different styling on those stands. I want to drop back on the sweet a little and give it a bit more Va-Va-Voom. If any room can be sexy, its your bedroom!

Luckily, its not a lot to buy in here, so I should be able to manage in 2014. Now the living room? That's a whole 'nother Oprah.

Stay tuned!

xoxoxo,
Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment