Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Rub a dub dub

Summer got a big 'ol tub!

I love a good bath. In fact, I love a good bath so much I specifically designed my entire master bathroom around it.

That's why it hurt my soul when I had to go with a much smaller bathroom. But being who I am, I found a way to squeeze a huge soaker tub in that puppy anyway. Thanks in no small part to the Floor Plan Pro APP - which. is. genius.

So listen, I smushed everything in here. There won't be any room for dancing, BUT there will be room for bathing. I don't have a before picture, well because there was nothing there but this is the inspiration for after:





I really, really wanted a Gray vanity. I'm doing these super cool dark Ash Gray wood looking tile floors and I thought a light Gray vanity would have been awesome. But with all the unexpected budget hits, I ended up having to go with a builder grade white cabinet. But I tricked out the hardware AND am doing a Carrera Marble top, so that should help.

If the tub is the Star, the Carrera is the Producer. The entire east-facing wall is Carrera marble from the ceiling to the floor. Due to the fact that I smushed that tub in there, I had to make the fixtures come out of the wall, instead of a free standing tub filler. Its a downer but it its what it is. I also have a 3 x 3.5 foot glass enclosed shower. Of course, a toilet with a privacy wall and two ginormous mirrored medicine cabinets to bounce the light around in there. OH. Lights.

I goofed here, I have a ton of recessed so I should have done pendants but I didn't. I did those cheesy sconces. I don't love them but I was under the gun. I do however love my chandelier over the bathtub. Its not the safest thing, but whatever. I love it.

Its also a hodge podge of suppliers; sconces and mirrors are Pottery Barn, Glass Pulls and Knobs are Restoration, tub and Shower Fixtures are Grohe, Tub is Modern Bathroom and Chandelier is Shades of Light.

Tile is going in today!! Progress pics to come...

xoxo,
Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment